Treating Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection that is firm enough for sexual intercourse. ED is a common problem among men over the age of 40.
Common causes of ED:
- Cardiovascular disease (high blood pressure, heart disease)
- Prostate cancer treatment
- Surgery (bladder, colon, rectal, prostate)
- Medications (antidepressants, blood pressure)
- Lifestyle choices (smoking, excessive alcohol, lack of exercise, obesity)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Hormone problems
Treatment options for ED:
A number of treatment options exist for the treatment of ED. If you’ve tried one and it didn’t work, don’t give up. Each person’s success for treatment will depend on the cause of their ED and how the treatment option effects them.
- Oral medications
- Vacuum erection devices
- Penile implants
- Intraurethral suppositories
Contact us today to consult with Dr. Blatter about treatment options for ED.