What is a penile implant?
A penile implant is designed to be a concealed support for an erection and a permanent solution for a man suffering from erectile dysfunction (ED).
Features of a Penile Implant
- Spontaneity – you can have sex whenever the mood strikes
- Once activated, the erection can last as long as desired
- Entirely concealed inside the body – no one would know about it unless you told them
- Designed to feel natural during intercourse
- Typically does not interfere with ejaculation or orgasm
Frequently Asked Questions about Penile Implants
Will my penis look different to me or be noticeable by others?
The implant is completely undetectable once in place. It is fully concealed in the body.
How long is the recovery time after this surgery, and when can I have intercourse?
Most men are home within a day of having the penile implant surgery and can resume their normal activities within a week. It is usually recommended to wait 4-6 weeks before having intercourse.
Are penile implants covered by insurance?
Most insurers cover necessary medical treatment and the diagnosis of ED. Medicare has a national policy for ED, which include penile implants, although coverage can depend on where you live. Work with your insurance carrier and doctor’s office to check your coverage prior to receiving treatment.